The building where the North Shore Historical Museum is located was built in 1907 to serve as Glen Cove’s Justice Court Building when Theodore Roosevelt was President and Glen Cove was a hamlet in the Town of Oyster Bay. When Glen Cove became an independent city in 1918, the building became the first City Hall.
The building’s façade will be brought back to its original splendor with beautiful terra cotta tiles. Thankfully, Legislator DeRiggi-Whitton was able to secure $50,000 for renovations to the façade. Visit northshorehistoricalmuseum.org to learn about upcoming exhibits and events at the Museum.